We welcome you and hope to see you at church often! Third Church of Christ, Scientist, Sarasota is a branch of The Mother Church, The First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Boston, Massachusetts.
The service begins at 10:30 a.m. The Sunday service is a healing service. It is a time to listen to Scriptural readings, sing hymns and pray silently. You will also hear a Bible lesson-sermon comprised of citations from The Holy Bible and Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy. Everyone is welcome!
Wednesday Evening Meeting
The service begins at 7:30 p.m.
The Wednesday Testimony Meeting is a mid-week pause for prayer, for listening to readings from The Holy Bible and Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, an opportunity for people to share remarks and testimonies of healing resulting from their study and practice of Christian Science. Join us on Wednesday evening and appreciate how Christ, through the law of God, brings comfort and healing.
Tenets of Christian Science
from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy, page 497.
1. As adherents of Truth, we take the inspired Word of the Bible as our sufficient guide to eternal Life.
2. We acknowledge and adore one supreme and infinite God. We acknowledge His Son, one Christ; the Holy Ghost or divine Comforter; and man in God’s image and likeness.
3. We acknowledge God’s forgiveness of sin in the destruction of sin and the spiritual understanding that casts out evil as unreal. But the belief in sin is punished so long as the belief lasts.
4. We acknowledge Jesus’ atonement as the evidence of divine, efficacious Love, unfolding man’s unity with God through Christ Jesus the Way-shower; and we acknowledge that man is saved through Christ, through Truth, Life, and Love as demonstrated by the Galilean Prophet in healing the sick and overcoming sin and death.
5. We acknowledge that the crucifixion of Jesus and his resurrection served to uplift faith to understand eternal Life, even the allness of Soul, Spirit, and the nothingness of matter.
6. And we solemnly promise to watch, and pray for that Mind to be in us which was also in Christ Jesus; to do unto others as we would have them do unto us; and to be merciful, just, and pure.
"Pilgrim on earth, thy home is heaven; stranger, thou art the guest of God."
~ Mary Baker Eddy